Six Reasons to Join South Port Sailing Club
- South Port is a non-profit cooperative Sailing Club.
- Located on Pike Creek in St. Clair Beach it is easy to access from Windsor and surrounding areas.
- Regularly scheduled social, cruising and racing events.
- Reasonable cost in comparison to other local facilities.
- It's like having a cottage within the city.
- It's a great place to relax and meet new people that share the love of sailing.
- South Port Sailing School offers sailing lessons from accredited Canadian Yachting Association Instructors.
- Beginner and intermediate classes are available for adults and children under 16.
See our Sailing School Page for more information.
Recreational Sailing & Cruising
- SPSC offers a variety of cruising and recreational sailing programs scheduled through out the entire sailing season. SPSC organizes both short and long term cruising, usually alternating destinations for year to year.
See our Cruising Page for more information
- SPSC has a full range of racing programs from weekly keelboat and dinghy racing to two Invitational Regatta's.
- South Port is the proud home of the 2005 Shark World's and has some of the best Shark sailing in Ontario.
See our Racing Page for more information.
- Aside from the regularly scheduled social events like card night, the men's luncheon and the mainstays, South Port has two main social functions.
- Sailabration in June is our annual blessing of the fleet, all members and their families are invited to take part in the festivities.
- Our annual Final Furl, a more adult orientated party, is our awards banquet and last fair well to the sailing season.
See our Social Page for more information.
- South Port Sailing Club offers Full, Intermediate, and Junior levels of membership. If you are unsure what membership fits you best please contact our membership chairperson below. A summary of privileges, fees, and obligations is available for download.
- We have a printable Membership Package and Application for online viewing or for download, however new members are strongly encouraged to contact our membership chair to answer any questions you may have and help you through the application process. A break down of the membership fees is available for download.
- Tim Aseltime - Rear Commodore & Membership Chair
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org